BConnectClub Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Introduction and General Terms
- What information the Club may collect about you;
- How the Club will use information we collect about you;
- When the Club may use your details to contact you;
- Whether the Club will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What information will the Club collect about me?
3. How will the Club use the information you collect about me?
The Club will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For "service administration purposes", which means that the Club may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the BCB websites, including any content you provide.
- To personalise the way BCB content is presented to you
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- To analyse and improve the services offered on familybhive.com. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where the Club proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will the Club contact me?
The Club may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Club can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about the Club services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how the Club will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Club won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will the Club share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described below. Generally, we will only use your information within the Club. Please note that if you are accessing the Club from outside the UK and you make a comment or complaint regarding any element of advertising (see below for more details about this) then the Club may forward your correspondence only for the purposes of responding to you.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on BCB website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the website of BCB or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior, the Club, may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where the Club reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the the Club may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Club. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will the Club keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the Club or the Club's corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as an Event Access Member or Deals Access Member, once an account is expired a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically. Where you contribute, the Club will keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information the Club holds about me?
12. Cookies Policy - Information the Club collects from you
- First party cookies
Information supplied by cookies can help us analyse the profile of our visitors and help us provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our fund management pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight fund management information on your second and subsequent visits.
- Third party cookies
- First party cookies